Month 3: Time Flies!

Ok her we are it's March! Clearly I haven't done a very good job of updating my blog post... I swear time just flies by. It felt like February only lasted 2 days this year.

I have met my goal of 1 date per month so far. Yay me! Here is a recap of the dates:

Mr. January: Mike (Shaggy)
I was setup by a co-worker and we went on a group date on January 31st. Phew, she really came through to make sure that I got a January date in when I had already given up. She definitely tried harder than I did in January. Mike is her economics professor. She said he was very direct and straight forward and thought that we would get along. My friend said she asked him if he was single and told him that she wanted to set him up with a friend of hers. Apparently he was single and she showed him a picture of me. He said he didn't want it to be awkward so he wanted to hang out as a group. We (my coworker, our other coworker friend, Mike and myself) went to the Garage for a drink after they got out of class. Initially I walked right past him becaue I had no idea what he looked like.

He was not my cup of tea. Talk, lanky white guy with shaggy hair. I actually now call him Shaggy like on Scooby doo. He was nice enough, SUPER awkward, clearly super smart. He loosened up about half way though and talked a decent amount. I really wasn't into him and he didn't see into me. So talked for about an hour, finished our drinks and left.

My coworker is still in class with this man. She said that he asked her when we were all going to go play Whirly ball (which we discussed on the date) none of us really want to so she is just going to ride out the quarter and keep putting it off.

Mr. February: Rathish
Rathish came from a Tinder match. We talked for a couple days, not too much. He wanted to meet up for a drink and initiated the meet up time/place so I just kind of went with it. I was going to be on Vacation for most of February so I figured I should get the date in ASAP. We met up at Therapy at 8pm Feb 2nd which was apparently closed. So we walked around the corner to Capitol Hill Cider, a place neither of us had been to. We went downstairs and the place was PACKED. There was nowhere to sit... except a table near the front where two of my friends were having dinner. We walked by and saw each other, turns out they were only 2 of them sitting at a table that could fit 6. I checked with Rathish to see if he would rather to somewhere else or if we should join my friends. He didn't seem weird about it at all and was like sure lets join them. So we did! February ended up as a group date as well. I had to introduce him as my date which was weird because I don't have dates and hadn't talked to either of them about dating. But they just went with it. We had really great conversations which he fully participated in.

I was not attracted to him per say, he had pretty eyes and smelled amazing. He is an English language learner but has been in the US for many years. He basically travels for work and only spends short amounts of time in most places. We were there for a few hours and probably had too man cocktails when we were getting ready to leave he discussed how glad he was to have met me and how I am the kind of person that makes him still have hope in people. It was super sweet. We decided to go dancing at Capitol Lounge afterward just for the heck of it. He seemed to be having the most fun he has had in a while. He was jumping around and just kept grabbing me and hugging me and telling me how much fun he was having. Hahaha! He kept trying to kiss me and I kept dodging it. Finally at the end of the night I gave in and he is a TERRIBLE kisser. I figured as much. He said multiple time through out the night "no matter what happens tonight I would like for us to remain friends". I said OK and actually plan to. He was super sweet/nice guy. I'm just not into him like that. We have text a few times since then. I was on vacation and he left for another work assignment. We became FB friends and yesterday he text me to say he was back in Seattle and wanted to meet up. I have no reason not to. He is nice and I did enjoy our conversations. So I do plan to meet up with him again. Maybe he has cute friends? I probably need to tell him that this is a friendship and not a date when we do meet up as well.

Mr. March: Glade (Sketchy/nut job) 
I met Glade (probably not his real name) on March 3rd at Bar House in Fremont. It is a very funky place that I had never been too. We matched on Tinder, talked a total of 3 times over the course of a week and decided to meet up. Saturday wasn't planned but we were both free so we just decided to make it work. He originally suggested capital hill but I didn't want to go that far so he came to my neighborhood. He was sitting in the back of the room, told me he was wearing a hat to begin with which I appreciated because it was super dark in this place and only lit with black lights! I got there, he only had 1 tall bar stool chair and he immediately gave it up so I could sit down. He said he got me a beer but that they opened it at the bar and he assumed that I wouldn't want to drink it. He assumed right. I did not drink it and opted to go to the bar and grab my own drink. When I came back we sat and talked a bit. He discussed how much he appreciated my straight forwardness. He made a lot of comments on how different I was than other girls who seemed to just want drama. Reg flags started to appear in the things he repeatedly saying.

He finally asked the inevitable, where are you from and what do you do. I answered and asked him back. He said that he is originally from Mexico, but moved to Camano Island, WA from LA 2 years ago... This was so random to me. If you know anything about Camano Island you know that people don't just move there unless they have a reason. It's a small community and doesn't have much going on in the way of jobs. So I asked him why Camano.

His response was "Why not, it only cost $800 to move there from LA. . .Why does anyone move anywhere. . . I don't have to explain myself . . . I'm not answering anymore questions about this". WTF!!?? He got so defensive it was weird. The whole time he was going on and on about how he didn't need to explain himself I was quickly chugging my drink. When he finished he said "I could ask you the same thing, Why do you live in Seattle?" My response was "because this is where I was born and all my family lives here. This is where I consider to be home". He tried to argue that that was an oversimplified  and vague answer. I cut him off and said "OK, I'm going to go now". She stopped talking and looked surprised for some reason. He said, "like right now? That's it? you are just going to leave and not come back." I said, YUP. See ya, and walked out. Before I even got out of the bar I unmatched him from Tinder so he couldn't contact me again. My initial assessment of this madness is that he moved here for a woman who he is clearly not over. I am not a baggage handler, boybye!

I should probably try for another March, technically that 30 minutes we met up does count. but I haven't been very active... I better get to swiping again. I also came across this website called Three Day Rule, where you meet up with a match expert who is supposed to match you with someone based on your in person interview. Its supposed to be free to me for right now, so I figured I'd give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singles Event #1: The Great Love Debate

Second chances

Dipping a toe into the Seattle single scene pool