Hind sight is 20/20
I really need to get better at updating this more often... So much has happened!
So the first thing I want to talk about is this research project I went to see. I went to see this GREAT documentary called The Dating Project Movie. I didn't know exactly what to expect, but I knew it was a documentary on dating. This movie was so much more than I expected! Basically it is about how terrible millennials are at dating and how we have morphed into this hook up culture with people not actually knowing how to date. It started with a professor at Boston college who teaches a class and assigns her students to date as part of the class assignment. The documentary follows 3 single people in their 20s, 30s, 40s. It is funny, emotional, sad and entertaining. I don't want to give too much away but I really think everyone should see this movie!
While watching this movie I was about 3 weeks into seeing/dating/hanging out with/ Jerry. So I had a slightly different view on it. I didn't have to really think about trying to make myself actually do the assignment which the movie encourages, thankfully because that seemed terrifying! But it really did hit home with along of the explanations they had for why this hook up culture has developed. It made it clear to me that this is what I do, its so much easier to have a person but not have to deal with all the feels that go along with having a person. If you are just hanging out with someone you don't have to get emotionally attached and be vulnerable. It did make me want to at least try to be more open and vulnerable in this... whatever this is is with Jerry. Seriously, watch the movie!
Here is the link if you are interested: The Dating Project Movie
I was also able to find the list of rules, I challenge you to try his if you are not already in a relationship of course! The Dating Project Assignment Rules

The next thing I don't want to talk about but I know I have to is the demise of my seeing/dating/hanging out with Jerry. Obviously I can only tell my side of the story so here is how I see it. We got in a fight the weekend I went to Vegas for a girls trip. This was a little over a month into our brief relationship, for lack of a better word. Long story short, my crew got SHWASTED at Wet Republic pool part on Sunday. Needless to say, I don't remember taking a Lyft back to our room and we all passed out for about 5-6 hours. I wake up to a lot of texts and Snapchats, that became increasingly angry, the last one giving me peace sign emoji "Don't hit me up when you get back, I hope it was worth it". WTF!!!!??? I had no idea what happened. He wouldn't talk to me or respond to my texts for almost an entire day. I was seriously confused, I was drunk so maybe I did do something? Did I snap myself making out with a random guy and send it to him!? I don't recall any of this but hey, it could have happened. Finally he talks to me and says, that he was made because I was super drunk and I just disappeared for 5 hours. "Let's not play dumb, I know what happens in Vegas, you were really drunk, there were a lot of dudes around you in your booth then you just disappear". OK so that what this is about. I get it, he filled in his own blanks. I am crazy like that too... I wouldn't have been so drastic and dramatic but I get where he's coming from. I explain the shit out of it, provide him with screen shots of our Lyft ride and texts from my friends fiance who is also looking for my friend and all the time lines match up because THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED! He says he believes me and wants to forget about it. Great! We are good. I come back we spend time together things are good.
About a week after this, he said something at lunch that made me sad.... I don't even remember what it was, but it really made me realize that he wasn't actually over this Vegas thing and maybe didn't even believe me. I realized he probably isn't going to be able to trust me anymore. Once this happened it was like the flood gates of looking and finding all the issues. He was clearly a jealous guy but also seemed controlling, clearly has a temper and clearly over reacts to little things. Maybe he was starting to realize that I am not the type to be controlled. I got in a fight with my dad last week, whom I have a tumultuous relationship with anyways, then realized that Jerry has very similar qualities to my dad. I can't stand my dads temper and once I realized that he may have a similar temper it really freaked me out.
Final straw was that Jerry was clearly hiding something from me/lying to me. I don't know about what exactly and it really doesn't matter, but something just wasn't right. He told me he lives with his brother and brother's girlfriend in Lake Tapps, I've never been to his house...Final straw, he came over after going out for drinks with his new coworkers around 9pm and needed to go home to get clothes for work tomorrow. It was going to take him over an hour to get home, I said "what about your brother, can't your brother take you home?" I met his brother who is a cop in Seattle. His response was "my brother isn't going to drive all the way to Lake Tapps". Then I said, but doesn't he have to go home tonight too? Don't you guys live together in Lake Tapps? He instantly became angry and yelled at me "why does it matter". Then I lost it and went off about how it does matter because he is lying to me about something. He apologized for yelling at me and tried to hug/kiss smooth things over, but I was done at this point. Once he realized I was not going to drop this he decided to leave. He said that I was interrogating him. I told him that we weren't going to be able to fix this if he walk out, and he walked out. So that was the end of that. I was sad at first. I definitely cried, because it was sad. I liked the guy.. I wanted him to be better. It reminds me of the Little Big Town Song Better Man. So now I am now suuuuuper single. I literally cut off all the guys I even had on the back burner.
I now have 5 days until the end of the month so I am clearly not going to make my goal of going on a new date in May. I don't have any of the apps downloaded and I honestly don't feel like it! Although I am meeting with a professional match maker from the Three Day Rule TDR, I am going to count that as a "date" and keep it moving. I'll definitely keep ya'll posted on how that goes!
So the first thing I want to talk about is this research project I went to see. I went to see this GREAT documentary called The Dating Project Movie. I didn't know exactly what to expect, but I knew it was a documentary on dating. This movie was so much more than I expected! Basically it is about how terrible millennials are at dating and how we have morphed into this hook up culture with people not actually knowing how to date. It started with a professor at Boston college who teaches a class and assigns her students to date as part of the class assignment. The documentary follows 3 single people in their 20s, 30s, 40s. It is funny, emotional, sad and entertaining. I don't want to give too much away but I really think everyone should see this movie!
While watching this movie I was about 3 weeks into seeing/dating/hanging out with/ Jerry. So I had a slightly different view on it. I didn't have to really think about trying to make myself actually do the assignment which the movie encourages, thankfully because that seemed terrifying! But it really did hit home with along of the explanations they had for why this hook up culture has developed. It made it clear to me that this is what I do, its so much easier to have a person but not have to deal with all the feels that go along with having a person. If you are just hanging out with someone you don't have to get emotionally attached and be vulnerable. It did make me want to at least try to be more open and vulnerable in this... whatever this is is with Jerry. Seriously, watch the movie!
Here is the link if you are interested: The Dating Project Movie
I was also able to find the list of rules, I challenge you to try his if you are not already in a relationship of course! The Dating Project Assignment Rules

The next thing I don't want to talk about but I know I have to is the demise of my seeing/dating/hanging out with Jerry. Obviously I can only tell my side of the story so here is how I see it. We got in a fight the weekend I went to Vegas for a girls trip. This was a little over a month into our brief relationship, for lack of a better word. Long story short, my crew got SHWASTED at Wet Republic pool part on Sunday. Needless to say, I don't remember taking a Lyft back to our room and we all passed out for about 5-6 hours. I wake up to a lot of texts and Snapchats, that became increasingly angry, the last one giving me peace sign emoji "Don't hit me up when you get back, I hope it was worth it". WTF!!!!??? I had no idea what happened. He wouldn't talk to me or respond to my texts for almost an entire day. I was seriously confused, I was drunk so maybe I did do something? Did I snap myself making out with a random guy and send it to him!? I don't recall any of this but hey, it could have happened. Finally he talks to me and says, that he was made because I was super drunk and I just disappeared for 5 hours. "Let's not play dumb, I know what happens in Vegas, you were really drunk, there were a lot of dudes around you in your booth then you just disappear". OK so that what this is about. I get it, he filled in his own blanks. I am crazy like that too... I wouldn't have been so drastic and dramatic but I get where he's coming from. I explain the shit out of it, provide him with screen shots of our Lyft ride and texts from my friends fiance who is also looking for my friend and all the time lines match up because THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED! He says he believes me and wants to forget about it. Great! We are good. I come back we spend time together things are good.
About a week after this, he said something at lunch that made me sad.... I don't even remember what it was, but it really made me realize that he wasn't actually over this Vegas thing and maybe didn't even believe me. I realized he probably isn't going to be able to trust me anymore. Once this happened it was like the flood gates of looking and finding all the issues. He was clearly a jealous guy but also seemed controlling, clearly has a temper and clearly over reacts to little things. Maybe he was starting to realize that I am not the type to be controlled. I got in a fight with my dad last week, whom I have a tumultuous relationship with anyways, then realized that Jerry has very similar qualities to my dad. I can't stand my dads temper and once I realized that he may have a similar temper it really freaked me out.
Final straw was that Jerry was clearly hiding something from me/lying to me. I don't know about what exactly and it really doesn't matter, but something just wasn't right. He told me he lives with his brother and brother's girlfriend in Lake Tapps, I've never been to his house...Final straw, he came over after going out for drinks with his new coworkers around 9pm and needed to go home to get clothes for work tomorrow. It was going to take him over an hour to get home, I said "what about your brother, can't your brother take you home?" I met his brother who is a cop in Seattle. His response was "my brother isn't going to drive all the way to Lake Tapps". Then I said, but doesn't he have to go home tonight too? Don't you guys live together in Lake Tapps? He instantly became angry and yelled at me "why does it matter". Then I lost it and went off about how it does matter because he is lying to me about something. He apologized for yelling at me and tried to hug/kiss smooth things over, but I was done at this point. Once he realized I was not going to drop this he decided to leave. He said that I was interrogating him. I told him that we weren't going to be able to fix this if he walk out, and he walked out. So that was the end of that. I was sad at first. I definitely cried, because it was sad. I liked the guy.. I wanted him to be better. It reminds me of the Little Big Town Song Better Man. So now I am now suuuuuper single. I literally cut off all the guys I even had on the back burner.
I now have 5 days until the end of the month so I am clearly not going to make my goal of going on a new date in May. I don't have any of the apps downloaded and I honestly don't feel like it! Although I am meeting with a professional match maker from the Three Day Rule TDR, I am going to count that as a "date" and keep it moving. I'll definitely keep ya'll posted on how that goes!
Comments
Post a Comment